Thursday, June 10, 2010

Subway and Liquor

Denver: Eat fresh and get hammered.
I swear, in Thornton, anyway, there is a Subway and and liquor about every 3 blocks. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen! I don't understand who wants a sandwich and a fifth of vodka??
Ok.... maybe that's not that bad.....
Speaking of eating, Natalie and I went to dinner tonight with a lady who kinda invited herself. I say "kinda" because my momma told me if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

Which brings me to my next point, this will be my last post ever in life.

You all know that ain't me.
Anyway, Nat and I were talking about having dinner somewhere in Boulder for sushi and a lady overheard us and says, "I don't like sushi, but I'm sure I can order something else on the menu".
What the hell? Really? Yea, order something else - at the burger joint YOU'RE going to since ain't nobody invited you with us! What kind of non-friend having, 46 cats at home, "It's Pat" lookin' person does that?? That's just rude.
Being the nice people we are (hold for laughter), she came along and it really wasn't bad. She's a nice woman, just a little too pushy and strange. Eh. What can ya do....
Boulder is pretty awesome. It's kind of like Austin, but cleaner. FULL of hippies, but like, the new wave hippie. To where they'll where hemp dresses and not wash their hair for weeks, but drink coffee and spend $36 on a tshirt and eat sushi. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that's kinda not the same.
Had a vodka-7 with dinner that came out pink, for some reason. Not sure if it was the glass or the vodka or just my eyes turning 30, but that shit was pink. Tried to get Natalie to taste it. Her response: "Thursday is not vodka day".
Guess I missed that memo.

Denver radio SUCKS! Bad. And it doesn't help that Big Bertha only has a tape deck. Guess I'll have to bring my tapes back with me this weekend. I'm sure we'll be jamming to some Digital Underground or Heavy D but it's better than the 3 song commercial breaks these fools are trying to pull. Seriously, 46 different stations, EVERYBODY talking. Ain't that a....

I'll tell you something else about Denver folks, they don't give a FUCK about a red light. Either these folks are color blind or they are some straight up G's who don't give a DAMN about getting T-boned. I guess they have some bad ass insurance 'round these parts.

So I've been running/walking a lot more lately now that I'm not going out as much here. Hopefully so I can come home some hot mexican dude and finally go on a date with someone besides Bryan. I mean he's cool and all, but... not really the same. Told Stephen Lopez about the tredmill workings and he asked if there was a Bud Light on a string in front of it.
He's a funny guy.....

I'm going home this weekend! Hitting up the 80's party at Mac's on Saturday night (brought to you by your's truely). Should be good times. Haven't done karaoke since the Sunday I left and I'm fixin' ta SANG! See ya there? Yea. That's what I thought. Tight roll your jeans and come say hi to me.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment