Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 1, 2010

Denver: where the creeks look like rivers, the hills look like mountains, and instead of dead squirls, there are dead gophers.
The going away party was freaking awesome. Thank you SO much for coming out, if you did. If you didn’t, MAN, you missed one hell of a party. Ol’ Troy took over as DJ for me with about 15 minutes of training, and I was ready to offer that nigga a job. Did a bad ass job. Of course I cried… a lot. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was because I’m a sensitive guy – who cares. I did and it was ok. I thought at the time it was freaking stupid to do so, especially because it’s not like I’m never coming back. I think it was more because I am so used to being able to go out EVERY night of the week with these people and I can’t really do that anymore. Eh…
Monday morning sucked tale because of the 4 hours of sleep I got the night before and the amount of alcohol STILL left in my blood stream. I seriously couldn’t have passed sobriety test. (Neither could have Bryan, I’m just saying.) Had a good breakfast an extra small fruit bowl at IHOP with B, Hillary, and Josh. They all took me to the airport. Shaking and on the verge of tears AGAIN, I sat at the gate and put my headphones on tried to stay cool. Cause… you know… I’m cool like that. Took the most horrific, center-seated, HUNGOVER flight ever in life. To the point where I was going to throw up on the lady next to me because she kept trying to talk. “Look, lady. I’m gonna barf on your face if you ask me about my job one more time.” Didn’t say it… but thought it. A lot.
Got to Denver and went immediately to a bbq.

Ok, so there’s a German, a Brazilian, and a Mexican at a barbecue and…

No, not a joke. True talk. And a BUNCH of white people and all their damn kids running around. STILL HUNGOVER. Ate nothing, drank nothing, just wanted a bed. They were incredibly nice people. I just in no mood to socialize with white folks.
Finally got home and unpacked. Popped in “Spartacus” and could not sleep. Ain’t that a… I tossed and turned all night long. Woke up every hour at least once. Finally just got up at 5am and took a shower and got ready for my first day at the Denver kitchen.
I posted this before, but I think it’s damn funny: Someone told me that the population in Denver was made up of only 18% Mexicans. I got to the office on Tuesday and found out where all 18% worked. I haven’t seen that many Mexicans with hairnets since I watched Bound by Honor.
(Hold for laughter)
Had dinner with Sylvia’s family and now….
I’m at home, getting ready for bed because of a stupid 7:30am conference call. Thanks, Mr Time Zone.

Until next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment