Saturday, May 7, 2016

Big D's... HEY-O!

Hey, remember that one time I lived in New York? Ha. Oh man. That was fun.

In case you didn't know, I have moved back to Dallas as of less than a week ago. Bitter sweet, but I am where I believe I'm supposed to be - just like it was when I moved to New York. The move just fit into place and I couldn't deny it. I LOVE NEW YORK!! I absolutely do and you can't get me from visiting there - probably soon. But I gotta do what I gotta do, as far as work goes, so I'm back in the Big D, looking for a big D.... HEY-O! Haha. I'm just kidding. Or am I....

The trip down here was pretty uneventful once we got on the road. It was the getting on the road that was the problem. Uhaul wanted to schedule a pick up location near my apt but send the truck to Long Island. I called and they basically told me, "FOOLED YA!" so we had to wait until noon to pick up the truck when I wanted to start moving shit by 8am. BUT whatcanyado - we finally got on the road around 3pm and set fire to the rain.
I still don't know what that means.

This week here has been pretty fun. Went out in the Dallas area which is odd, because when I lived here before, I NEVER hung out in Dallas. It was all about Arlington and Ft Worth. Moving to Deep Ellum has been fucking amazing so far, though. I'm enjoying being able to walk everywhere still and having my choice of a $7 Uber to uptown and/or the gayborhood and/or Lower Greenville. Seven dollars!! That's ridiculous. It once cost me $75 to get home from the city to Queens. I got home and immediately bought 4 packs of ramen so I could eat the rest of the week. With my car being totaled, I guess being able to walk places is a good thing.

If you haven't heard from my mother, who apparently called the Waxahachie Daily Light and told e'rbody about it - I was in a car accident Friday. I stopped at a stop sign, looked right - saw the white truck next to me that looked like a truck my uncle used to have - looked left, looked right again and took off, not seeing the blue Ford Ranger until it was basically inside my drivers door. After my car stopped moving, I got out of my car. Stunned, I grabbed my phone and started to dial. I didn't know who I was calling and noticed my glasses weren't on my face so I went back to the car to find them. The other driver came to me and asked if I was ok and kept saying that he had insurance. "It's my dad's car so I'm trying to call him."
I finally grabbed ahold of my senses and called my mom and then the insurance company. All the while, the other driver kept telling me he's trying to call his dad.
"He's down the street at XXXX Park and XXXX. I need to go get him. Do you want to come with me?"
Naw nigga! I ain't trying to go with you to your house!! That's how episodes of 48 Hour specials start! You ain't fittin' to put ME in no hole in the backyard.
As I'm on the phone, I hear sirens and turn to see an ambulance had arrived. As I turned back around, that fool had taken off running. I didn't even see him running, I only saw a puff of smoke in the shape of a small black man like he was Bugs Bunny's homeboy.
A fire engine showed up, and 3 cop cars. The driver never came back but his father showed up with the insurance information. I came home and they basically told me that since he did flee and never came back, he would be at fault. Apparently, he had warrants out for unpaid tickets.
So, I have a small burn and an extremely sore shoulder, but otherwise I am ok. I mean, I needed another car anyway so I guess this was my sign to quit being a little bitch and go get one.

Andrew and I move into our two bedroom apt next Thursday which means I'm living in his living room on an air mattress right now. It's pretty crowded in here, but we're getting along pretty well. He is my heterosexual life partner so it works out. Ha.

I start my new position on Monday at the same place in Las Colinas. I'm pretty excited about it because it's an account I used to work on and with a lot of people that I miss dearly. Although, I did leave some pretty awesome people back in NYC too. And of course, the great friends that I made there. But... like Pac said to Biggy once (maybe - I might have made that up), "Once we homeboys, we always homeboys." So I hope they don't forget me.

The pub crawl is May 21, just in case my Facebook posts aren't telling you that enough. Ha. HOLLA!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment